Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services globally, but it’s not without its faults. Spotify is a source of pleasure and enjoyment for many people, as many cannot work correctly without it. Whether it comes to doing assignments or solving math problems, from traveling alone to doing fun with friends, it’s the most significant source of enjoyment.
But sometimes, there comes a time when Spotify isn’t responding. Due to some technical issues, Spotify couldn’t respond for sometimes often. But you don’t need to be worried about it, as I am here to let you know about many of the solutions that may help you run Spotify smoothly.
1. Disabled Internet Connection
Many times some of our applications couldn’t work correctly due to poor internet connections. It may happen because of a slow Wi-Fi connection or poor signals. If your Spotify doesn’t respond, just force shut down your Wi-Fi plug. But if, for some reason, it’s still not responding, then move towards the next step.
2. Restart Your Phone
After plugging the Wi-Fi switch in and out, your Spotify app still won’t be responding. Then you should restart or reboot your mobile phone and check if the error still occurs. It will surely help you to enjoy your favorite songs on Spotify.
- For this first side, click the power button of your phone like that
- Now after restarting your device, check the Spotify desktop app for any error. Restart Spotify and see if it responds. But if, for instance, this is also not working, then move on to the next fix.
3. Update Spotify
There exist the chances where the Spotify icon couldn’t respond due to the oldest version of it. Sometimes the application hardly needs to be updated to help you to enjoy the latest music without sticking to the newest version.
- For this, simply move towards the play store or palm store and type Spotify in the search bar. Then click on it and update your application.
- But if there is no option signing update, it clearly states that you have the latest version of Spotify or your Spotify is updated.
- After going through yourself this step too, but still no changes in the status of Spotify, you should uninstall and reinstall the application.
4. Uninstall And Reinstall The Spotify
Don’t get frustrated if the Spotify application is still not responding after doing all such steps. Simply uninstall the application for some seconds and then reinstall it from google play store or palm store to immediately solve the problem.
If you use the mobile phone to enjoy Spotify, it will be uninstalling quickly from two steps.
- First, press the application for two seconds, you’ll see the option calling for uninstall.
- All you have to do is simply click on the option, and your application will be uninstalled.
After uninstalling the application, reinstall it with the help of palm store or google play store. Reinstalling Spotify will help you a lot in solving the error that occurs in Spotify.
Also check: What Is TikTok? Detailed Guide for Parents
5. Clean Reinstall Spotify
Sometimes the problem lies in the faulty files, which causes trouble to the application. One should clean reinstall the Spotify to see if the issue is resolved.
Here I will tell you the steps to get you familiar with the clean reinstall.
- On your keyboard, simply press the window logo key and R at the same time. After clicking these keys, simply type %appdata% and press Enter.
- After that, go to file explorer, right-click on the folder and click the Delete.
- Go to the mac app store or Microsoft Store again to download the most latest version of app and then install it again.
Your app will start working after a clean reinstall with the proper Spotify process.
6. Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is the use of computer hardware designed to perform specific functions more efficiently. Faulty hardware acceleration doesn’t help your PC or browser at all, so it’s best to fix it or disable it.
Hardware acceleration is good because it boosts performance for specific tasks. It helps the weaker hardware to come up with the streaming. Some of the users have claimed that the disabling of the feature helped them get the Spotify app to respond again.
7. Force Quit Spotify Task Manager
In some cases, the system will interfere with applications using too many PC resources. You can then shut down Spotify and some other unnecessary apps.
- On the keyboard, press CTRL + SHIFT + Esc at the same time to select task manager.
- Click Spotify and click End task. If you have more than one entry, please make sure to click all the tasks listed.
Open your Spotify again to see if the problem is resolved. If so, then great enjoy your music streaming app, but if still not, there are some more fixes that you can try.
8. Allow Your Spotify To Run Under The Firewall
Sometimes, your firewall and anti-virus software are a bit too protective of our system. Also, there is a problem where people without reading the whole note agreed or canceled the messages coming from the applications.
In this particular case, it might be your firewall or anti-virus software that may cause the Spotify application of not responding issue. To fix it, here I would love to let you know about the step to go through;
- Type security in the search bar and select window security.
- Click the virus and threat protection tab and click manage settings.
- Scroll down the page to find exclusions, and click Add or remove exclusions.
- Click add an exclusion and select folder. Then add the Spotify folder an exclusion.
After following all of the steps mentioned above, you have whitelisted Spotify. Know to see if Spotify works. If this solves your Problem, then congrats.
If you run into some other application crashes randomly, you should always look into whether you have the correct driver installed.
Enjoy Your Music Again With Spotify
If you are Spotify application is not responding, then try these eight quick fixes. Some of the solutions may be obvious or seem like common sense, but they have been proven to work in many cases when faced with this issue. Try them out, and let us know how it goes!
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.