Farming Simulator 22 is a new farming simulation game. It was recently launched by Giants Softwares. Many gamers gave it a thumbs-up and positive reviews from the critics as it is a hard rock entry in the farming series.
However, like other super hit games, this series has some technical issues. Many gamers have complained about crashing at start up or won’t start. These issues can be caused by numerous reasons, including outdated game versions, issues with antivirus software, and more.
You can fix it by following the instructions given in this article. Keep reading to find out.
1. Downgrade to NVIDIA Driver
This solution only works for an NVIDIA user. If you are one of those users and run into the crash issue while launching fs22. It’d be better to revert it to an older driver version. You can download the stable version by finding different links on the internet.
2. Verify Game Files
There is a high possibility of files getting corrupted during downloading or launching the game. This issue can further lead to crashes and an unstable experience. You would feel happy to know that Steams allows you to verify your game files effortlessly.
You have to follow the instructions that are listed below:
- Go to Steam and direct it to your library.
- Hit on the Farming Simulator 22 in your library, and tap on properties.
- Now go to the Local Files tab, and select Verify Integrity of local files.
These steps will help in downloading any missing files. Also, you can launch the game again without any issues with the help of the instructions mentioned.
3. Launch the Game in DirectX 11 Mode
If you have an older version of OS like windows 7, or 8.1, it is not possible to launch the game on it directly. You have to configure it to run in DirectX 11 mode. It is a simple process. You can do it by following the steps that we will mention here.
- Go to the Documents/My games/FarmingSimulator22.
- Here open the game.xml with a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++.
- Here you have to change the following code.
- <renderer>D3D_12</renderer> to <renderer>D3D_11</renderer>
- Save the file (Ctrl +S) and exit from here.
It’ll help launch the game in DirectX 11 mode instead of the default DirectX 12 mode.
4. Update Your Windows
You should have updated the latest version of the window because older versions may not support newer titles.
- In the windows search bar “Update”, click on Check for Updates.
- It’ll take you to the windows update section. Here you can check the latest version of the window.
5. Disconnect All Peripherals
Unplugging all the peripherals and turning on your console or computer again would be better. Afterwards, connect only those peripherals which are required for playing Farming Simulator. For instance, you can disable the external hard drive and steering wheel while playing the game. Unplugging cables and launching the game will also help you fix the launching problem.
6. Close Apps Running in the Back
Make sure to stop all the apps and programs running in the background. You have to ensure that nothing should interrupt while playing Farming Simulator. Apps that are running in the background can interfere with your game. You have to use a task manager to force stop programs running in the background on your computer.
7. Delete the Shader Cache Folder
- Exit the game.
- Go to the Documents/My games/FarmingSimulator22.
- Erase the Shader Cache Folder.
- Restart your game:
8. Update Your Graphics Driver
Driver issues can be the reason behind the Farming Simulator not launching. It indicates that your graphics might be outdated or faulty, which is causing your game to fail to start. You can also face various other gaming issues, including crashes.
You can keep your graphics card driver updated by two methods. One is to automatically update it via Device Manager. In some cases, Device Manager may fail to detect the current upgrade version. If you are that case, you must search on the manufacturer’s website. Make sure you have only chosen the driver compatible with your windows system.
9. Automatic Driver Update
If you don’t have time or technical skills, update your driver manually. Don’t worry; you can do it automatically with the help of Driver Easy. Driver Easy can easily recognize your system automatically. It can also find the graphics drivers compatible with your window version. Afterwards, it’ll download and install it appropriately.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Download and launch Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and tap on the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect if there is an issue with drivers.
- Hit on the Update key next to the flagged graphics card driver to manually download the correct version of the driver.
- Now you can automatically install it.
10. Disable Anti-Virus and Firewall program:
Follow the steps mentioned here to disable antivirus and firewall programs.
- Go to the Windows Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Next, Go to Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage Settings > now turn off the Real-time protection option.
- Afterwards, restart your pc to apply changes.
- If you are using any third-party antivirus program, completely turn it off.
11. Reinstall Your Game
If nothing works for you to fix the launching issue. You can reinstall your game. Many gamers have experienced the launching issue, but when they deleted the game and reinstalled it. There is a high chance that the interrupted game installation or download stimulated the issue. Note one thing, when you uninstall the game, it’d be better to erase all the local game files before reinstalling it.
Also Check: 10 Quick Fixes For Google Chrome White Screen
Farming Simulator 22 is a massive hit on the graphics. However, it has some technical issues like other games. The common issue many gamers are experiencing is that fs22 isn’t launching. Many reasons can be behind this issue, including outdated graphics drivers, antivirus and firewall programs, or background apps interfering in the game.
The above-mentioned methods should help you fix the FS22 not launching issue on your computer. If these solutions don’t work for you, then there might be some other problem with your game or computer that you need to look into. In any case, feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below and we’ll try our best to help you out.
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.