Are you getting a notification “you’ve been kicked due to unexpected client behavior” error? This is also known as “error code 268” in Roblox, the biggest barrier to your gameplay.
Most users encounter “error code 268” daily. The reason for this problem can be the cheat engine you’ve been using any antivirus or firewall software running in the background. Are you looking for solutions to fix error code issues?
In this article, we will discuss in detail whether there is any permanent solution to fix this problem or not. Let’s discuss this further.
What is Roblox Error Code?
“Error code 268” is an error that appears on Roblox when you try to play user-created games. It Kicks you off from the game by displaying an error message on the screen. If you’ve encountered this issue, you are not alone. It’s frustrating to know that there is no specific reason why it happens, and you don’t get any notification about when it will happen.
However, various reasons can be involved in the appearance of this error code 268. You can fix them easily.
1. Check the Roblox Server
You need to check if any maintenance work is being processed on the other side that usually occurs every week. If many users are experiencing this issue simultaneously, it’s due to maintenance. The companies face server down issues for numerous reasons, such as DDoS attacks. DDoS invasion can restrict access to logging. Roblox shows an error instead.
Before finding the solution to fix the error issue, you need to check if the problem is due to a server problem. You can check by simply typing the URL in the two servers: IsTheServiceDown and DownDetector.
If the issue is relevant to the server, you can wait until Roblox resolves the problem. Monitor the server from time to time and check if it has been fixed by starting the game.
Also see: Fix Roblox From Lagging 2023
2. Uninstall Cheat Engine
Cheat engines are another cause for “error code 268.” By using any cheat bots, not only you’ll be risking your system with dangerous malware, but also it will spoil the fun for many gamers.
If you used a cheating mechanism or are using this possibly could be the reason for this error. You can uninstall cheating tools by following this method:
- Access the power user menu by launching the control panel. You can manage game menu from here.
- Under the program, click on the uninstall program link.
- Click the program you want to uninstall.
- Click uninstall/remove the program depending on the window you are running on your computer.
- Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation.
Now check if the cheat engine is completely removed or not. Try playing a game on Roblox again.
3. Reinstall The Game On Xbox One
If you encountered this problem while playing games on the Xbox One. The reason behind this issue can be bad installation or compatibility problems. It can happen if the game is not installed accurately. For example, when you shut down your Xbox one in the middle of installation.
You can resolve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the game on Xbox One. Follow these steps:
- To access the guide menu, press the button placed on the controller.
- Open My games and access menu.
- Find the Roblox game in the list of installed apps.
- Select Roblox. Press the start button to access the game.
- Select uninstall all and restart your game.
- Reinstall the latest version of the Roblox game.
Reinstall Roblox as it can be the solution to resolve this problem.
4. Disable Antivirus
We use antivirus for the protection of malware attacks. The error code issues can appear due to the interference of any third-party application. An overprotective antivirus can interrupt the communication of your end-user device with Roblox servers. An interrupted communication with the server can force it to kick you out of the game and display the error code. Disable your antivirus by following these instructions step by step.
- Access the control panel and click on Enter.
- Go to the program.
- Find the antivirus program in the list.
- Right-click and uninstall Roblox.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Restart your PC.
Your problem will be resolved by disabling antivirus or removing it permanently.
5. Use The UWP Roblox App In Windows 10
If no solution has worked for you and you’re experiencing this error code on Windows 10. You can easily avoid the 269 error code by completely migrating to the Roblox UWP (universal window platform) Roblox app.
Many users who have been kicked out from the game found this solution helps avoid the error code while playing from browsers.
You can install the UWP official app of Roblox on Windows 10 by following these instructions.
- Go to the official list of Roblox apps and click on the download button.
- After completing the download, redirect to the Microsoft window.
- Click the play button and launch the latest version of UWP.
- Log in with your credentials on the Roblox app.
- Go to the game tab and liftoff with your favorite mode.
Now check if the error code problem is resolved or still there. If the issue is still there, move to the next solution.
6. Check Your Internet Connection/Setting
If you have tried all the solutions mentioned above and come this far. Now it would be better to check network settings and connection. Most users facing this problem claim that they can fix this problem by personal setting and from the advanced menu. Here is the quick guide:
- Press window+R to run on the dialogue box.
- Next, type in inetcpl.cpl and press enter to launch internet options settings.
- In the internet properties settings, click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset button. It will reset the internet explorer settings.
- Delete personal settings.
After this process, now check your problem will be resolved.
The “error code 268” or the “notification on you’ve been kicked due to unexpected client behavior” is an issue that many users encounter. Unfortunately, there is no permanent solution to remove it entirely while playing Roblox. But you can fix the problem by following the instructions mentioned above. Have you tried any of them? Let us know in the comments below.
If you ever decide that you want to delete your Roblox Account we recommend following our simple guide here: https://internetbeginnertips.com/simple-guide-on-how-you-can-delete-your-roblox-account/
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.