Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over billions of active users. While it’s a great platform for staying in touch with friends and family and sharing photos and thoughts, it can also be a great way to market your business.
However, if you’re having trouble with Instagram reels not working, you may find that your marketing efforts are less effective. This blog post will walk you through some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. Let’s get started!
1. Look For Instagram Reels Through All Access Points:
To confirm that Instagram Reels isn’t working correctly, check the different areas where Reels can be accessed.
- Check the navigation bar, and there should be a “Reels” option at the center. Here you can find Reels from people around the world.
- In the upper left-hand corner, click the plus sign. The ‘New Post’ screen should appear inside Instagram. You will also notice a ‘Reels’ tab at the bottom of the page. You can start recording Reels videos right from the App’s camera module.
- Go to your “Instagram Stories” section. And check to see if the “Reels” option is at the bottom of the page.
Look if you can access Reels from the User’s profile. Look for the Reels gallery inside the profile page of a famous brand’s or celebrity’s IG account. You can view all Reels videos when you open their Reels gallery.
Another way to check Instagram Reels is by swiping on the camera screen. Swipe left then right on the App’s main screen, and select the reels option from the drop-down menu.
2. Logout And Re-Login Of Your IG Account:
Sometimes Instagram reels feature isn’t working due to a temporary bug on your Instagram account. The easy way to fix this issue is to sign out and sign back into your account.
For logging out of the account, click your profile pic at the bottom right corner. Tab on ‘Menu’ and then go for ‘Setting’ at the bottom of the sidebar. In setting, scroll down and tab the ‘log out option. When you are done, sign in the back with the same username and password and check if Reels are available inside the App or not.
3. Clear App Cache:
If you are still facing the issue, then there is a possibility that the accumulation of cache data is causing the problem. Therefore, clear the cache data. The easiest way to remove the cache is to ‘Open Setting’ and click on ‘Apps.’ From the list of apps, choose Instagram. Then select Storage & Cache. Finally, choose Clear Cache from the drop-down menu. After that, choose Clear Storage.
4. Uninstall And Reinstall The App:
After trying all the above methods, if Instagram Reels are still not working, then there is a probability that a bug has hit the App. This issue can be fixed when you uninstall the App and then Reinstall it.
To uninstall Instagram, press and hold the Instagram app icon for a long time. The uninstall option will appear in the pop-up, and the App will be uninstalled from your phone when you tap the uninstall icon.
Go to your device, App Store, to Reinstall the same app.
5. Update Your App:
When you reinstall the App, you will get the updated version. But if you don’t want to uninstall the Instagram App, check for updates. The Reels may not be showing or working due to an outdated version of the Instagram app.
To update your Instagram app, go to Play Store on Android and Apple Store on iPhone.
- Go to Google Play Store, and then in the Search bar, type Instagram and press Enter.
- After selecting Instagram, Tap the Update button.
- Open the App after it has been updated and go to the search section.
- Scroll up and down in the App to see the Instagram reels option.
6. Fix Internet Connection:
Even if updating your App couldn’t help to solve the problem. Try using Instagram on both Wi-Fi and mobile data to check if the issue is caused by a poor Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Although the App doesn’t require a lot of data sometimes, it could be the root of the problem. So make sure you have a secure internet connection.
7. Join Beta Program:
If you’re still having trouble seeing Reels in the Instagram app, you can download the Instagram Beta version. The Beta Program provides people early access to new versions of the App. Download the Beta version. It may bring back Reels, and you can also test out new features of an app before they are officially released by joining its beta program.
For now, this program is only available for android users. To download this program, open Google Play on your android device. There, you’ll find the Instagram app. After the Instagram page has loaded, scroll down the page. Tap the ‘Join the beta’ button under the ‘Join the beta’ section. There will be a confirmation screen. You may need to tap on ‘Join’ in the pop-up dialogue box to get past this.
Google will now enroll you in the Instagram beta program. Wait for a few minutes to update Instagram’s current beta version. To install the latest Instagram Beta on your smartphone, go to the Instagram screen in the Play Store and tap the ‘Update’ option.
After the update has been installed, open the Instagram app. Check to see if Reels are available.
8. Keep Your Device Updated:
The device you’re using may be the source of your issue. Ensure that your device has the most recent version of an operating system installed.
Android users may follow this procedure to update their device:
- Go to Software Update in the Setting.
- If the update is available, download and install it.
Follow these steps if you’re using an iPad or iPhone.
- Select Settings > General > Software Update from the drop-down menu.
- If a software update is available, download it and run it.
9. Report The Problem:
After trying every tip, if you’re still having problems with Instagram Reels, you’re left with only one option. Directly report your issue to Instagram Team, and it will assist them in understanding what you’re going through.
- So to seek their help, Click ‘Help’ in the Setting of your Instagram App.
- Select ‘Report a problem.’
- Then create an error message that explains what’s wrong with the App.
- You can upload a screenshot of the problem using the ‘Gallery’ or ‘Take Screenshot’ options.
- After inputting your complaint, touch the ‘Submit’ button to submit the complaint.
- Then wait for the team to check and fix this problem for you.
Instagram is a platform that can be used to share your life and experiences with friends, family, and followers. When there are problems with the Instagram app or website, users can find it frustrating. We hope that by providing these tips, you will be able to fix the Instagram reel not working issue on your device. Let us know in the comments below.
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.