Do you use Google Chrome, and have you been experiencing the white screen issue? This can be really annoying, especially if you’re in the middle of something important. But don’t worry, there are a few things you can do to fix this problem.
In this article, we’ll show you 10 quick fixes for the Chrome white screen issue on Windows 10.
1) Clear Browsing Data
Sometimes, simply clearing your browsing data can fix the white screen issue. To do this, go to the “Settings” tab in Chrome and click on “Clear Browsing Data.” Choose to delete “All time” and make sure that the “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” options are selected. Then click “Clear Data” and restart your browser.
2) Disable Hardware Acceleration
If clearing your browsing data doesn’t fix the issue, try disabling hardware acceleration. This is often the cause of the white screen issue on Windows 10 computers. To do this, go to the “Settings” menu in Chrome and click on “Advanced.” Under the “System” section, toggle off the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option. Restart your browser and see if the issue has been resolved.
3) Delete GPU Cache Folder
Another potential fix for the white screen issue is to delete the GPU cache folder. This folder can sometimes become corrupt and cause problems with Chrome. To do this, press Win+R and type:
Click Ok. Then, delete the “GPUCache” folder and restart your browser. This should fix the issue.
4) Disable Browser Extension
If you’re still seeing a white screen, try disabling any browser extensions you have installed. One of these extensions could be causing the problem. Go to the “Settings” menu in Chrome and click on “Extensions.” Toggle off all of your extensions and restart your browser. See if the issue has been resolved.
5) Reset the Browser Settings
If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting your browser settings. This will revert all of your settings to their defaults. Go to the “Settings” menu in Chrome and click on the “Advanced” tab. At the bottom of the page, click on “Reset.” Confirm that you want to reset your settings and restart your browser. This should fix the white screen issue.
6) Reinstall Google Chrome
If resetting your browser settings doesn’t work, you can try reinstalling Google Chrome. This will delete all of your data from Chrome, so back up any important information first. To reinstall Chrome:
- Uninstall Google Chrome from your computer.
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome from chrome.google.com.
- Install and open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Launch Google Chrome and try loading the page again.
7) Explore Other Browser options
If you’re still having trouble with the Google chrome white screen issue, you may want to try another browser. Many different browsers are available, so find one that works best for you and your needs. Some popular options include Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Opera. Try downloading one of these browsers and see if the issue is resolved.
8) Check For Malware
If you still see a white screen, your computer may be infected with malware. Malware can sometimes cause problems with Chrome and other browsers. To check for malware, you can use a tool like Malwarebytes. If you find that your computer is infected, remove the malware and restart your browser.
9) Clear Cache And Cookies
One of the first things you can do to fix the white screen issue is clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser. This will refresh your browser and might fix the issue. You can clear your cache and cookies by going to Settings > Advanced > Clear browsing data.
10) Update Your Chrome Browser
One of the most common reasons for the white screen error is using an outdated version of Chrome. So, make sure that you update your Chrome browser to the latest version. You can update your browser by going to Settings > About Google Chrome.
If nothing else works, you can try resetting your Chrome settings to default. This will restore all your settings to their default values and might fix the white screen issue. However, note that this will also delete all your customizations and data.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will fix the white screen issue in Chrome. If not, you may need to contact Google or your computer’s manufacturer for further assistance.
Also Check: How To Fix iPhone Ghost Touch Problem? 10 Quick Solutions
1. What Are The Reasons For The White Screen Issue?
Here are some of the most common reasons for chrome browser white screen:
- One of the most common reasons for the white screen error is using an outdated version of Chrome. Google releases updates regularly to patch up any loopholes and bugs that might have been found in the previous versions.
- Another common reason for the white screen error is when your Google Chrome browser settings are not configured correctly. This can happen for various reasons, like changing the settings accidentally or due to a malware attack. You can check your settings by going to Chrome settings > Show advanced settings.
- Your Chrome browser files might get corrupted for various reasons, like a power outage or a virus attack. This can cause a white screen error as well.
2. Is There Any Way To Recover lost Tabs?
If you have lost any tabs due to the white screen issue, you can try recovering them by going to History > Recently Closed Tabs. This will show you a list of all the tabs you have recently closed. You can then select the tabs you want to recover and click on the “Reopen” button.
3. What Are The Steps For Advanced Troubleshooting?
If you are still facing the white screen issue even after trying all the aforementioned methods, you can try some advanced troubleshooting steps. In some cases, the white screen issue can be caused by a corrupt user profile. So, if you are still facing the issue, you can try creating a new user profile and see if that fixes the problem.
4. How To Prevent The White Screen Error In The Future?
You can do various things to prevent the white screen error from happening in the future. Some of the most common steps are listed below:
- Keep Your Chrome Browser Up-To-Date: Ensure that you always keep your Chrome browser up-to-date to avoid this issue.
- Don’t Install Too Many Extensions: Chrome extensions are known to cause various issues in Chrome, and the white screen error is one of them. So, try to avoid installing too many extensions as they can cause problems.
- Don’t Change Too Many Settings: Avoid changing too many settings and stick to the defaults whenever possible.
- Use A Reliable Antivirus Program: A virus or malware infection can also cause the white screen issue. So, make sure that you use a reliable antivirus program to protect your system from malware and viruses.
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.