With the release of new iOS versions, Apple introduced a new feature called “Split View” for the iPad. This allows users to have two apps open simultaneously, side-by-side. While this is a great addition to productivity, some users have been having issues with Split View not working properly. This article will show you how to fix the split screen on your iPad and get it working again.
- 1 What is Split Screen View?
- 2 How To Fix Split Screen Issue?
- 3 1. Avoid Accidental iPad Split Screen
- 4 2. Remove Split Screen On iPad
- 5 3. Fully Disable A Split Screen View On iPad
- 6 How To Disable The Split Screen Function On iPad While Using The Safari App?
- 7 How To Fix A Split Safari Screen On An iPad With Closing Tabs?
- 8 Contact Apple Support
- 9 Conclusion
What is Split Screen View?
A Split screen View is a feature that activates by default and divides your screen into multiple sections. It enables your iPad to split its screen horizontally or vertically and will help you view the various sections of your file or document as needed. Although it is easy for a multitasking environment to share two windows on one screen, it can be distractive and confusing.
How To Fix Split Screen Issue?
You can quickly fix the issue of the iPad split screen in the following ways:
1. Avoid Accidental iPad Split Screen
If you want to avoid these Split Screen issues on your iPad in future, watch the three dots at the top of App windows. Mistakenly dragging this icon will bring about all types of differences in window size and placing. Now, if you experience half screen app view on your iPad, you need to know how to fix the split screen on the iPad.
2. Remove Split Screen On iPad
Having two apps simultaneously can be helpful when doing research or making presents as it overcomes the process of going back and forth. When you don’t need additional View, it can be quickly turned off two split screens by using single screen mode. Follow these below steps to turn off the split screen.
- Select which app you want to close and click on the divider, which is a black line between two apps.
- Drag its divider to the left or right of the screen, depending on the app you want to close. If you want to close the left app, slide the bar to the left of the screen and vice versa.
- Take off your finger from the divider when the app disappears.
- When you exit the iPad split screen, the smaller window will close, but the larger one will stay open as a full-size app window.
- Make sure you don’t swipe to either side of the screen too fast and swipe to the edge. Otherwise, the tab you meant to dismiss would float above the other window.
3. Fully Disable A Split Screen View On iPad
You can fully disable a split screen view on your iPad by following these steps:
- Open the “Settings ” app on your iPad. Your iPad’s settings app has a gear-like look. It includes every change you need to make to your iPad.
- When in the settings, click on the home screen and Dock to bring up a new series of prompts.
- After that, you will see the Multitasking option under the home screen and Dock. Tap it. To view another list of iPad commands, click the Multitasking prompt.
- Tab on ‘Allow Multiple Apps’ and disable it.
- Then option ‘Allow Multiple Apps’ will appear with some instructions below. Tab on it to disable it. When it is off, it will turn grey.
When you complete these steps, now you have closed the split screen view function from your iPad. If you want to use the feature, you should allow it by repeating the above steps and enabling the “Allow Multiple Apps” option.
While using the Safari app, it is essential to remember that if you enable split screen in Safari on your iPad, this feature will continue even if you have a disabled split screen.
How To Disable The Split Screen Function On iPad While Using The Safari App?
A brand-new iPad multitasking feature for iOS is Split View in Safari. Split View on the iPad lets you open two different Safari web pages simultaneously, which has many advantages. But sometimes, users don’t want it.
So, to turn off the split screen function in Safari, you need to follow these steps:
- Launch the URL address bar in Safari by dragging the screen downward so that toolbar appears.
- Click on the rectangular shape tabs icon, which overlaps each other.
- Choose “Combine all tabs” from the menu that opens.
- Then normal mode will open with a single tab on the iPad screen.
In case you choose the “close all tabs “option if you don’t need a browser. It will be disabled in the split view mode of Safari.
How To Fix A Split Safari Screen On An iPad With Closing Tabs?
You can close the tabs open in the Safari split screen by closing all the open tabs in the Split View panel of the Safari split screen. To achieve it, follow these given steps:
- In Safari Split View, tap on the URL address bar at the top of the screen to open the Navigation buttons and tab bar.
- Now tap the tiny pale grey “X” button in Safari to close the Safari tabs.
- Repeat the above steps if you have opened multiple tabs in Split screen Safari mode. Repeat until all the apps get closed.
It is difficult to find the close tab button split view because it is minimal, light grey, and only visible in broader Safari navigation options. Additionally, suppose you move the iPad from vertical portrait to horizontal landscape orientation in Safari after shutting and quitting the split-screen mode. In that case, Safari will no longer split-screen on the device.
Contact Apple Support
If the issue still exists, you should take help from Apple experts. Your iPad may require an advanced fix of software or hardware repairs to resolve the problem. At the nearby Apple Store, you can get the help of certified Apple professionals. Whatever it is, be sure you are aware of your iPad’s warranty choices.
However, be aware of your assistance choices if these services are unavailable in your nation. If not, you will need to schedule a repair appointment online. For them to fix your iPad in their lab, you will need to ship it through a carrier. Additionally, you will have access to online repair progress monitoring.
Also check: How To Fix iOS 15 Facetime Glitch?
The split screen mode greatly increases productivity by allowing you to work on two apps simultaneously. However, if you’re experiencing issues with this feature, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
With the above steps, you should be able to fix the iPad split screen issue. If you have any other questions, please feel free to comment below.