In the digital era, cyber-attacks are becoming more frequent. To combat this issue, Avast antivirus is one of many free antivirus programs used by millions of people to protect their devices from malware attacks. The software is available for Windows, macOS, Windows Server, and Android devices!
Avast Free Antivirus software provides fast virus protection and the option to make safe Internet payments without affecting system performance.
Why should you pay attention to Avast despite the existence of other antivirus giants? You will find out in this avast antivirus review.
- 1 Avast Security Features
- 2 Get Avast Antivirus For Business
- 3 Installation and Setup Guide
- 4 Cost Of Avast Internet Security
- 5 Bottom Line
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Avast Security Features
The Avast has a broad range of products for Windows and Andriod users through free and paid versions. In addition to a broad range of products, Avast also has an enterprise version for business users. Let’s break it down by-product:
1. Malware Protection
Avast is a perfect tool to protect your device against the most sophisticated malware. The 6-layer protection is what makes it effective against malware. The software stops harmful programs in a few seconds and also removes them once detected.
Furthermore, Avast can remove any existing malware from your system with ease, so you don’t have anything standing between you and total security!
2. Ransomware Shield
Ransomware is a severe problem for many computer users. If you become infected, it can encrypt your files and leave them inaccessible. Detecting and removing it can be difficult, but there are some tools you should have that will do the trick.
- The free version of Avast protects most things a computer may encounter. However, with the Avast premium security, more features are offered to any customer.
- Ransomware Shield offers the best all-inclusive protection to keep your devices safe online.
- It’s comprehensive and easy to use for any platform, protecting against threats like webcam hacking, data collection, and encryption trojans.
3. Wi-Fi Inspector
The Avast Wi-Fi Inspector allows you to scan devices connected to your network for free. It detects and eliminates risks like identification of vulnerabilities, as well as other issues related to that specific device or the whole system.
Avast Wi-Fi Inspector saves time by showing you the device on a map for easy navigation and management of connected devices. You’ll be a fan of this Avast security feature after using it for your PC!
4. Phishing Protection
Phishing attacks are another method employed by cybercriminals to gain money from people through data. Avast uses artificial intelligence to detect better and analyze phishing sites, as well as protect users. Hundreds of millions of sensors collect data analyzed by the company’s algorithm to notice threats faster and offer better protection to user data and mobile security!
5. Avast Game Mode
Gamers who want to play their favorite games without antivirus interference will appreciate Avast’s Game Mode. The feature can be used to improve system performance and allow gamers more power for gaming.
- Mainly, it reduces its own load on the operating system by freeing up resources needed for gaming.
- There will be no annoying pop-ups and lagging issues due to background processes.
Get Avast Antivirus For Business
Avast Antivirus for Business is a cloud-based antivirus that offers Windows, Mac OS, and Server workstations endpoint protection. Also, Avast has Antivirus-level tools like a spam filter, intelligent firewall, Wi-Fi analysis looking for network vulnerabilities, and Sandbox feature, which works as an isolated environment.
- It protects the rest of your PC from malicious impact along with a disaster recovery disk to remove hidden threats.
- With Business Antivirus Pro from the cybersecurity company, you can support Exchange and SharePoint servers to keep your applications up-to-date.
- There’s a tool for data destruction as well in case of emergencies acting as a data shredder.
- Also, check for a guide to the safest internet browsers for further help!
Installation and Setup Guide
The process of installation is simple, including the following steps for privacy protection!
- From the website, you can download an installer that lets you install with administrative rights.
- After installing the free mobile security app, it works in background mode and protects your device even when turned off.
- Register to Avast when the installation is complete. The app icon appears in the lower right corner of your screen so that you can find it easily.
- The last step will be entering the license key and enjoy the protection with add ons.
Cost Of Avast Internet Security
Although Avast’s price for their premier plan has decreased, the price point is high than competitors. The unlimited device Ultimate premium plan costs 99$ while the introductory plan price is 69$ for a single device. There is a 30-days money-back guarantee and auto-renewal feature if you like to enable it!
If you plan to invest for a longer-term, the 2-year plan has an annual price drop of around 8% and three years saves 12%.
Avast antivirus is an excellent choice across all devices, from PC to Mac to Android. With both free and paid versions of Avast, many features make it a perfect option for reliable protection. Avast antivirus software is known for its fast protection against encrypted viruses. It also allows users to make safe Internet payments without affecting the performance of their system. Overall, an excellent solution for internet security!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Does Avast Internet Security Do?
Avast Internet Security is not just an antivirus but also has a firewall, password manager, virus scan, and other features to protect your computer, iOS, and Android devices!
Is Avast Internet Security Worth It?
Avast Antivirus is one of the best antiviruses available for free. Although it may have some usability issues, its huge security features make up for these inconveniences. Overall, a great product that will keep your computer secure.
Who Owns Avast Antivirus?
Avast Software s.r.o. is located in Prague and operates under European Union legislation to provide its users with reliable security measures across all devices they own or regularly use for their work.
Is Avast Completely Free?
You can use Avast Free Antivirus for free. It is officially a free application and not limited in time. However, its functionality is limited compared to the premium features.