Gaming is an incredible experience that has been taken to a whole new level with the advent of dedicated gaming consoles like the PlayStation 4 (PS4). However, sometimes you might want to enjoy your favorite games on your PC. The good news is that you can use your PS4 controller on your computer for an even better gaming experience. This article will provide you with a detailed guide on how to connect your PS4 controller to your PC.
Benefits of Using Your PS4 Controller on PC
The PS4 DualShock 4 controller is one of the best game controllers out there. It has a comfortable grip, responsive buttons, and a sensitive touchpad. When you connect it to your PC, it gives you even more control over your gaming experience. You can take advantage of the controller’s motion sensors and touchpad, which are not available on most PC gamepads. Additionally, you can play games wirelessly, giving you more flexibility when gaming.
Overview of Connection Methods
You can connect your PS4 controller to your PC using either a USB cable or via Bluetooth. If you go the USB route, you’ll need a micro-USB cable to connect your controller to your PC. On the other hand, if you choose the Bluetooth route, your PC or laptop should have a Bluetooth receiver built-in. If not, you can add Bluetooth functionality using an external adapter.
Connecting Your PS4 Controller to PC with a USB Cable
To connect your PS4 controller to your PC using a USB cable, follow these simple steps:
- Plug in your PS4 controller with a micro-USB directly into your PC
- Download and extract the newest DS4Windows .zip file, and open it up
- You can ignore the DS4Updater if you already have the newest version
- Any controllers you’ve connected will be displayed under the Controllers tab. If not, close DS4Windows, reconnect your controller, then re-open the software
If your PS4 controller doesn’t connect via USB, try restarting your computer and connecting the controller again. If that doesn’t work, make sure you have the latest version of DS4Windows installed. Also, ensure that your USB cable is not faulty.
Connecting Your PS4 Controller to PC via Bluetooth
To connect your PS4 controller to your PC via Bluetooth, follow these simple steps:
- Hold down the Share and PlayStation buttons on your PS4 controller until the backlight starts flashing
- On your PC, go to the Settings menu in Steam (under Steam on the taskbar)
- Select the Controller menu
- Click “General Controller Settings”
- Check the box marked “PlayStation Configuration Support”
- Connect the DualShock 4 to your PC
If your PS4 controller doesn’t connect via Bluetooth, make sure your PC’s Bluetooth is enabled. You might also need to update your Bluetooth drivers. Additionally, if your PC is using an older version of Bluetooth or you have added the Bluetooth functionality using an external adapter, the PS4 controller might not be able to connect. In this case, use a USB cable to connect instead.
Using Third-Party Software to Connect Your PS4 Controller to PC
Overview of Popular Software Options
There are several third-party software options available that can help you connect your PS4 controller to your PC. Some popular ones include:
To connect your PS4 controller to your PC using third-party software, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install the software of your choice
- Connectyour PS4 controller to your PC using a USB cable or via Bluetooth
- Launch the third-party software and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your PS4 controller
- Once the configuration is complete, you can start using your PS4 controller with your PC games
If your PS4 controller doesn’t connect or work properly with the third-party software, make sure you have the latest version of the software installed. You might also need to update your PC’s drivers or adjust the software settings to ensure compatibility with your PS4 controller.
Customizing Your PS4 Controller Settings on PC
Overview of Available Settings
When you connect your PS4 controller to your PC, you can customize various settings to enhance your gaming experience. Some available settings include:
- Button mapping: You can remap the buttons on your PS4 controller to perform different actions in your PC games
- Sensitivity settings: Adjust the sensitivity of the analog sticks and triggers for better control in your games
- Vibration settings: Configure the vibration intensity of your PS4 controller
- Motion controls: Enable or disable motion controls for certain games that support them
How to Customize Your Settings
Follow these steps to customize your PS4 controller settings on your PC:
- Connect your PS4 controller to your PC using a USB cable or via Bluetooth
- Launch the third-party software you’re using to connect your PS4 controller
- Go to the settings or configuration menu in the software
- Select the options you want to customize and adjust them according to your preferences
- Click “Save” or “Apply” to save your changes
Connecting your PS4 controller to your PC can enhance your gaming experience, offering more control and flexibility. This guide has provided you with step-by-step instructions on how to connect your PS4 controller using a USB cable, Bluetooth,and third-party software. Additionally, it has shown you how to customize your controller settings to match your gaming preferences. With this information, you are now ready to enjoy an improved gaming experience on your PC with your PS4 controller. Happy gaming!
Lorenzo has been using the internet for as long as he can remember. He was there for the early days of message boards, he watched social media take over, and he’s excited to see what comes next.