If you’ve recently reset your Android phone to factory settings, you’ve probably encountered the FRP lock. FRP stands for Factory Reset Protection, a security measure that Google introduced in Android 5.1. When you reset your device, any stored data is wiped clean, and the device returns to its original factory settings. That includes any accounts that are associated with the device, such as your Google account.
The FRP lock is designed to prevent unauthorized access to your device if it’s been reset to factory settings without your permission. It requires you to enter your Google account credentials before accessing the device. In other words, if someone stole your device and reset it, they would need your Google account information to get past the FRP lock.
However, there are some situations where you might want to disable the FRP lock. For example, if you’re selling your device or giving it to someone as a gift, you’ll want to ensure that the FRP lock is disabled so the new owner can use the device without any problems. This article will show you how to disable the FRP lock on your Android device.
How Does the FRP Lock Work?
When you set up a new Android device, you’re prompted to enter your Google account credentials. This associates your Google account with the device and enables the FRP lock. Once the FRP lock is enabled, it will prevent anyone from accessing your device unless they know your Google account credentials.
If someone tries to factory reset your device without your permission, they will be required to enter your Google accounts credentials before they can access the device. This prevents them from being able to use your device if they don’t know your Google account information.
Bypass FRP Lock On Android Devices
If you’re using devices such as Samsung, disabling the FRP lock won’t be a complicated problem for you. Remember that your device should be below 5.1 or equal to it. Also, make sure there is nothing wrong with your device. In this way, you can turn off the FRP lock automatically.
You must follow the instructions below to turn off the FRP lock on Android devices.
- You’ve to click on apps on the Home screen of the device.
- Next step is to go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Name of your Google Account synced on your device.
- On the top right corner, you’ll see a More option. Click it.
- Tap on the Remove Account option and confirm it. It should disable the FRP lock.
Note that this solution is not specifically for a Samsung device. If you have another Android device, you can also use the similar steps mentioned. The only modification you need to make is a slight change in how you access the Settings application according to your model. Once you get into settings, all the steps will be the same on all Android devices. Also, when you reset your phones, the FRP lock will be disabled in some cases.
Remotely Disable FRP lock with Google ID:
You must face the FRP lock disable issue if you have purchased a used use. In this situation, you can request a real owner remotely to disable the FRP lock. If this method does not work, then don’t worry. We have another solution for you.
- Log into your account that is synced to your account by using this link. https://myaccount.google.com/
- Go to Device activity and notifications. You will see this option under the Sign-in or security.
- Tap on Review devices.
- Click on the device you want to disable the FRP lock.
- Tap on the red Remove key.
- Confirm the action.
This method is only useful for those who know the password and other login credentials. If you don’t know and want to disable the FRP lock. Follow the below-mentioned method.
Disable FRP Lock Without Password:
Without password unlocking, the FRP lock method is helpful for those who don’t know login credentials. You can disable the FRP lock. However, you need a third-party tool to finish this method.
Third-party tools make removing FRP locks in Android devices is easier. You can use these tools without having any technical knowledge. If you use this tool to unlock your device, you will most likely save yourself. You protect yourself from being blocked and tracked remotely through the previous Google ID.
The dominant features of these tools are:
- Disable FRP lock from Android devices without using any password.
- After disabling the FRP lock, it helps log in from a new Google account.
- Different solutions are available for various Android models.
- Provide support in bypassing locked screens by removing the password.
Disable FRP Lock Using LockWiper
If your device shows an error or you are stuck on the FRP Lock Screen with “verify your account” after factory resetting, you need to follow a few steps that we will mention below. You need to know that LockWiper for Android has a free trial that will help you understand whether your device is supported.
Here are the few steps you need to follow:
- Download and launch LockWiper on your computer.
- After installation, choose to Remove Google Lock (FRP).
- On the next screen, click on start. Select the information for your device. It’ll initiate downloading a data package for your device.
- Click on the downloaded data package.
- After installing the data package, follow the onscreen instructions to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocks.
- After completing the whole process, follow the instructions to put your device into the right mode.
- LockWiper will start the unlocking process.
Now you have to wait until the whole process is finished. After the process, you can access your phone and create a new Google account.
How to Disable FRP Lock in An iPhone?
If you use an iPhone, the situation will be similar to an android FRP lock. You can disable FRP lock on iPhone like android as well. You have to access your iCloud to remove FRP Lock on an iPhone. Following steps you need to follow:
- Go to Settings. Find iCloud and log in.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple password and other required information.
- Choose the top menu and select Find my iPhone Tab.
- Click on the All Devices item from the Menu.
- Choose the name of the device which you want to remove from iCloud.
- Hit Erase the device and follow up by clicking on Remove from the account.
- Now you will see the FRP lock is safely turned off.
Also Check: How To Fix Windows 10 Corrupted Files?
FRP lock is a great security feature that can protect your phone from unauthorized access. However, if you forget your Google account password, you will be locked out of your phone. In this case, you will need to disable the FRP lock to regain access to your phone. There are several methods that you can use to disable FRP lock. You can use a professional FRP bypass tool or try some of the methods listed above.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you follow the instructions carefully to avoid any further problems. If you have any additional questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.