If you’re running a store powered by WooCommerce or WP E-commerce, then you know that the most important thing is to increase revenue and track sales. You’ve probably heard about eCommerce Tracking in Google Analytics, but several other options and plugins are available for quick real-time results. Let’s discuss it in detail.
What is eCommerce Tracking?
Ecommerce tracking is the process of identifying visitors who have converted on an online sales interaction and quantifying their entire purchase journey on a website. This includes any pages that were viewed before the conversion and those that were considered after the conversion.
Enable Enhanced eCommerce Tracking Via Google Analytics Account
For years, Google Analytics has been the de facto standard for tracking website traffic and conversions. It hosts vast amounts of data about visitor behavior and can identify areas for improvement.
It offers numerous features that can assist in eCommerce tracking, including event tracking, eCommerce tracking, custom reports, and more.
- To get started with Google Analytics eCommerce tracking, you will need to sign in with your Google account.
- Once logged in, you can create a new property by going to the Admin section at the top right of the screen and then choosing “Create New Property.”
- Select “Website” as the type of property (you can also create a mobile app or web app if that is what you are tracking).
- Then you will be prompted for information about your website. Provide all of the information that you have available. You can skip these steps if you’ve already connected your website with Analytics and search console.
- For integrating the WooCommerce Google Analytics, you need to enable “track enhanced e-commerce” from the WordPress dashboard.
- Then, click on ” Save Changes,” and you’re done with eCommerce settings.
Use Of MonsterInsights Plugin To Enable Enhanced eCommerce Reporting
MonsterInsights is a WordPress plugin developed to help you track eCommerce websites in WooCommerce.
You can add it to your website from the plugin section of WordPress or purchase it directly from their website. After installing MonsterInsights, add a tracking code snippet to your site.
MonsterInsights will open up on a separate page and show you what eCommerce reports are available for your blog or store. You can choose which ones you would like enabled by ticking the boxes next to each report title. When you’re done, click Save Settings at the bottom of the page to continue.
It will help retailers improve the bottom line by identifying certain information about conversion, including:
- The product purchased.
- The currency in which the user purchase.
- The product shipped to and how long it took to arrive at its destination.
- A sale was made regardless of whether or not they paid the full amount at checkout (because orders can be re-tendered multiple times before the order is fulfilled).
- That a sale was made without the customer providing their payment information (because the order was placed online).
- The exact time of purchase.
- Product attributes and history.
- Which websites the customer had visited before they converted on your site and which ones they have not (this can be used to develop a list of influencers that you can use to acquire new customers).
While eCommerce tracking is most often associated with website analytics, it also encompasses other online activities such as digital ads, mobile apps/site synchronizations, email marketing, and social media. You can easily view eCommerce reports of your WordPress website and the shopping behavior of the user.Visit The Official MonsterInsights Website
Viewing eCommerce Reports In Your WordPress Dashboard
After installing the plugin, it’s time to add the enhanced eCommerce tracking code snippet to your website. You can place the tracking code at the bottom of your footer or all pages.
Once you’ve followed all of these, it’s time to see what reports look like. You can view all of your transaction data in a single place, personalized for each user and split up by product categories or product pages.
You can see how many purchases have been made from your site over time, as well as the total revenue earned. This is just scratching the surface, though, because MonsterInsights provides you with much more.
Also Check: Best Themes For eCommerce Stores
Why Should You Track The Online Sales With MonsterInsights?
There are many ways to measure the success of an online business, and eCommerce tracking with MonsterInsights is one of the easiest, quickest, and most comprehensive ways to do this.
By tracking online sales, retailers can use their data to:
- Identify how much traffic is going through their website. You can use it to decide what marketing campaigns to run in the future and how they can best be targeted.
- See how effective their website is at converting visitors into customers (whether on a single page or across multiple pages). They can then analyze that data and adjust their strategy accordingly.
- See which pages are driving conversions (as well as other helpful information regarding the visitor’s journey).
- See which keywords and products are driving their sales. They can then use these to focus more on those areas in the future and not waste valuable time on irrelevant activities that have little impact on their bottom line.
- See the completion rate of each step in the customer’s journey. It includes how long it takes to get from initial traffic through checkout to purchase.
- Determine which items are losing money and make decisions based on that data.
Other Benefits Of Tracking
- Track their overall sales funnel to see where products are failing (and why) along the way.
- Decide which types of sales work best for them (i.e., automatic vs. manual, free shipping vs. higher prices, etc.) and focus more effort on those areas in the future.
- Determine which channels are most successful in gaining traffic and converting customers.
- Determine how much conversion rates vary by the type of device their customer is using (with the intent of tailoring their marketing strategy according to this information).
- Identify which industry they are competing with and how much they are spending. You can use it to determine where to focus more effort moving forward.
- Determine if there is room for improvement in any areas of their funnel.
Watch This Video on MonsterInsights
MonsterInsights is a great way for enabling enhanced eCommerce tracking. Now it’s time for you to go through their incredibly helpful demo and see all of what’s possible. Don’t hesitate to contact us if we can answer any questions, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Thanks for reading, and good luck with your eCommerce reporting!
Maryam has been teaching IT as a school teacher for over a decade, and her main subject of choice is Internet safety, especially helping parents keep their families safe and secure online. When Maryam is not teaching or writing she is a big fan of the outdoors, the complete opposite of staring at a computer screen for hours.